Re: Question about solaris CANNOT_STEP_HW_WATCHPOINTS macro

Thanks Pierre, you are describing the problem perfectly well.

According to my notes the problem caused

FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: until to ival1 assignment
FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: until to ival3 assignment
FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: until out of loop
FAIL: gdb.base/watchpoint.exp: step to ival2 assignment

regressions, but your example should trigger the problem as well.
IIRC, it happened on x86 Solaris 2.6 and early 2.7 systems, and was
fixed in 2.8 systems.

Unfortunately I have no longer access to any Solaris system, so
I can't be of any help here.

Sorry,

--
Peter Schauer			Peter.Schauer@mytum.de