Re: Program image not relocated if it's a solib already loaded by dlopen()

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

First of all, I assume this is an arm-linux-gnueabi GDB.  If it were
an ARM EABI gdb, you wouldn't get shared library support at all.  But
that may be your problem.

Sorry for the confusion, gnueabi it is. And I have shared libraries, and I generally can debug them with gdb.

Secondly, don't do this.  If you want to debug libfoo.so, just make
sure GDB has search paths set up, and start GDB on the executable.
Otherwise, it can not find the load map.  No shared library support is
going to work properly in this case.

Thank you, this is exactly the kind of clarification I was looking for. Just wasn't sure of what gdb is supposed to support in the end.

kind regards, Simo

--
 Simo Melenius, NVIDIA Corporation, smelenius@nvidia.com, http://eu.nvidia.com