Re: identifying shared libraries in gdb?

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 18:42:04, Roy Smith wrote:
> We've got a core file from a customer and suspect that the customer may
> not have the right set of shared libraries installed.  On solaris dbx, we
> would use "proc -map" to see the elf checksums of each loaded library and
> run "elfdump -k" on the .so's that should be there and see if the
> checksums match.  Is the a way to do the equivalent in gdb on linux?

Hello Roy,

If I understood your question correctly:  I posted a patch more than a year
ago that may address what you want:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-12/msg00322.html

Unfortunately, I never touched this patch again (big shame on me!) and it
never got accepted because I "abandoned" it.  Anyway, I don't know how hard it
will be to rebase it on the current HEAD, but you may want to try it.

I intend to work on this patch again soon, but please let me know if you have
any trouble with it.

Thanks,

--
Sergio