Re: RE : User level threads debugging with GDB

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 03:04:28PM +0200, PILLON Julien wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
> The fact is that I don't want to make big modification to GDB... So I think  I'll go on implementing a libthread_db (with this method, it will be compatible with future (and previous ?) versions of GDB )

This is not likely to work.  Linux thread debugging uses a little bit
of the libthread_db but also knows a great deal about native OS
threads.  There is also some libthread_db code for Solaris, but it's
tied together with procfs support.  There is no generic libthread_db
layer.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery