Re: Getting pissed off by gdb. Please help with stepping in.

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:38:18 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> > From: Pedro Alves <pedro@codesourcery.com>
> > Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:55:39 +0000
> > Cc: dje@google.com,
> >  temp@sourceboost.com
> >
> > Users often find this behaviour unexpected (I've often
> > wished GDB would behave like what the OP is suggesting too).
>
> Then why don't we change the behavior to match what users expect?

Because different users expect different things.  I for example would
be somewhat annoyed by having to issue an extra "step".  And the
argument that this is what people that are familliar with Visual
Studio are used to is pretty weak.  GDB users are used the GDB behaviour!