gdbserver debugging problem on Linux64

Hello,

I'm quite new to the subject, so sorry for quite general description.

I'm trying to debug remote 64 bit host: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-gdb
I'm compiling gdb 7.0 under Cygwin.
I can't change installations on remote HOST and it seems that gdb version is
6.3 (I think that it is relevant also for gdbserver, i don't know how to
check version of gdbserver anyway).

This is what happens, i'm starting gdbserver, then connect with target
remote command and program is not even starting, and the only thing that i'm
getting is SIGTRAP:
Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
If i will disable "stop on sigtrap" gdb falls in neverending loop of
SIGTRAPs, and program does not even start.

This is happening even if i'm connecting to gdbserver from native gdb from
same host.

Any ideas?