Re: [RFC] "actionpoints"?

Stan Shebs <stan@codesourcery.com> writes:

>>> One of the issues that has come up regularly in our tracepoint work
>>> is what GDB's messages to the user should say when they are
>>> referring to various combinations of tracepoints and breakpoints.
>
>> I like the idea of having a term that means either breakpoint/watchpoint/
>> tracepoint, etc. How about "eventpoint"? "actionpoint" sounds OK to me too.

> "eventpoint" is a good candidate.k

I don't have a dog in this fight, but how about plain "breakpoint" to
identify any code spot or event where the target process's normal
control flow is broken?  In other words, make that the cover term for
naming such abstract locations.  Then classify into different possible
breakpoint actions: "stop breakpoint", "trace breakpoint", "watch
breakpoint".

- FChE