Re: time to be serious about dropping CVS

> Sure.  I now always work on gdb.git (from git mirror) but still use
> CVS to do my commit.  Using this approach makes the switch much less
> necessary (IMHO).

I disagree entirely. We're wasting time everytime someone does a commit.
I think I spend about half a day doing the copyright year updates, and
in the end, I decided to simply stop checking the diffs before doing
the commit, since getting a diff was simply taking too much time.
Regardless of what we end up choosing, there is no doubt in my mind
that we must stop using CVS ASAP.

You guys also don't have to deal with branches, but branches just do
not work neither with CVS, nor with SVN.

I realize that this discussing might seem a little deja-vu and boring,
so I'll stop now, and spend the energy on working on an alternative.
--
Joel