Re: gdb symbol problem

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Hushan Jia <hushan.jia@gmail.com> wrote:

> I invoke gdb like this:
>
> [hushan@hushan-t linux-2.6.31.3]$ gdb ./vmlinux

Oh, you are not debugging a regular application. You probably should
have mentioned that in your initial message.

> (gdb) target remote /dev/pts/5

What is on the "other end" of /dev/pts/5 ?

>> My crystal ball tells me you didn't supply GDB with the executable you
>> are running.

My crystal ball now tells me that you are stopped in a loadable kernel
module. AFAIU, GDB has no way to automatically find what is loaded
where in the target kernel.

You might want to read:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kgdb-light/
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2009-01/msg00037.html