Re: GDB GUI

Hi Marco,

On Monday 02 November 2009, Marco Menegazzi wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm new with gdb and I need help about writing a simple gui to control
> gdb output.
> I just need something that permits me to send commands as from the
> textual interface and receive output as it is ... the main aspect I've
> to work on is variable inspection so I don't need to create a real
> frontend with a mess of functions ... I just need something that
> permits me to start gdb under a Java (for example) program and control
> it as I am writing on terminal.

I believe you're looking for the GDB MI interface.  You can find more
information about it here:

http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb_28.html#SEC274

If you have any question that are not answered by the manual, get back to this
mailing list :-).

--
Sérgio Durigan Júnior
Linux on Power Toolchain - Software Engineer