Re: Need help on GDB stub development for ARM based boards

Jeremy Bennett wrote:
On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 09:16 +0530, Diptopal Basu wrote:
Hi ,

    I need some information on how to develop GDB stubs for ARM based
boards . Please help .

Regards
Diptopal

Hi Diptopal,

You may not find anyone on this list who has recently written a
gdbserver port for ARM. Your best approach is to look at the source for
a similar target and base your version on that.

There is a cross-gcc list where you are more likely to find someone.
The RTEMS community probably also has someone but I seem to
here of people using JTAG debuggers on  their RTEMS/ARM boards
or simply not needing to debug :).
There are lots to choose from in the gdbserver directory. I notice there
are two files with "arm" in the name. You may like to look at how
linux-arm-low.c/linux-low.c and win32-arm-low.c/win32-low.c are
implemented for ideas.

HTH,

Jeremy