Re: [RFC] Queries and frontends

Tom Tromey writes:

 > Nick> I don't quite follow.  AFAIK defaulted_query knows nothing about
 > Nick> server_command.
 >
 > Yes, but it could.
 >
 > Since "server" is intended to hide commands from the user, why check
 > server_command at one particular query rather than in every query?

Because that would change existing behaviour.  It's probably a small risk as
no one else appears to be using the server prefix or, if they are, they have
kept a very low profile.  Just changing "record stop" is sufficient for Emacs
at the moment.  You could say it's quick and nasty but I would call it
pragmatic.

We could still change it in the future but I thought annotations were
deprecated i.e. on the path to being removed and their development generally
discouraged (I see the server prefix as part of annotations.