Re: Problem with "watch" on a new port.

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 17:10 +0200, Florent DEFAY wrote:

> >This suggest you did not define, or improperly defined, the
> >to_stopped_by_watchpoint or to_stopped_data_address or
> >to_watchpoint_address_withing_range target methods.
>
> I take inspiration from or1k and I do not find these target methods implemented.
> I found them nowhere but in i386 arch, in i386-nat.c.
> I do not understand the link between i386-nat.c and the t-dep file.
> For my arch, I implemented a t-dep only. How to add a nat? Is it
> really necessary?

Hi Florent,

or1k (OpenRISC 1000) implements to_stopped_by_watchpoint and
to_stopped_data_address. You can find the functions
(or1k_stopped_by_watchpoint and or1k_stopped_data_address) in
remote-or1k.c of the OpenRISC GDB 6.8 distribution. These functions are
set up for the target in _initialize_remote_or1k.

The code is quite old (it's tidied up from the GDB 5.3 implementation)
using the proprietary OpenRISC Remote JTAG protocol. Since it is
primarily an embedded processor core, all the recent work on OpenRISC
1000 has been to use the GDB remote serial protocol (RSP), so
watchpoints are implemented on the server side as z2, z3, z4, Z2, Z3 and
Z4 packets.

HTH,

Jeremy

--