Execute code in python pretty printers

Hi,

I'm writing pretty printers for various Qt classes.
For QModelIndex I'd like to show the parent QModelIndex as child. The
parent isn't
saved in the QModelIndex object direclty - instead QModelIndex asks
the model for it's parent.
Basically it returns this->model->parent(this).
QAbstractItemModel::parent is a virtual function implemented
differently in every model.
So to find out the parent the method has to be executed.

Is this possible?

Niko