Re: update on the gdb-7.0 branch/release

Joel>  (2) Python pretty-printing: 1 issue left: Printing strings with
Joel>      NUL characters in them.
Joel>      Is that blocking? Or can we fix quickly?

The pretty-printing patch series is still waiting for a review from an
MI maintainer.  In particular I wanted to make sure the new MI
commands are ok.

If any changes are needed I cannot do them for some time.  I'm on
paternity leave for at least one more week, maybe more.

Phil is still working on the final part of the embedded \0 fix.  I
don't know how far out this is.  IMO it is not a blocking issue, just
nice to have; the feature is still very useful even with this bug.

Joel>  (7) Inlining support:
Joel>      Has Mark removed his objection based on Daniel's answers to
Joel>      his latest remarks?

I did not see any response.

Joel> Given all that, I'm not sure it's wise to try to push for a release
Joel> before the summit.

Sounds good.

Tom