x commands in history

Hello everyone,

I often use x commands to examine memory.

http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_10.html#SEC71

x/nfu addr

With the up arrow, I can later scroll through the commands history,
and e.g. repeat previous x commands.

However, on this embedded platform, when I scroll through the commands history, the "addr" part of the command is always discarded...

For example, if I type

(gdb) x/32xb array

then gdb only "remembers"

(gdb) x/32xb

I do not witness this behavior on my desktops (Linux, cygwin).

I imagine I am missing some obvious option?

How do I make gdb remember the whole x command?

--
Regards.