Re: What about add a interface to output the assembly codes follow inferior execution

> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:15:30 -0800
> From: Doug Evans <dje@google.com>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, drow@false.org, gdb@sourceware.org
>
> Having another word for "disassembly" seems clumsy though. ["apropos
> opcodes" doesn't print anything today]

"apropos" searches the first lines of the doc strings, not only the
command names.  So if we document the new commands like this:

  show-opcodes -- display disassembly of next line with each prompt

"apropos disassembly" will find that as well.  Does that solve your
problem with the name I suggested?

> Plus to a new user the intent of the option is a bit vague.
> "disassemble-next-line" ? [that has a lot to type to become
> unambiguous

Right, I thought about something that begins with "disassemble", but
didn't want to shoot our completion habits in the foot, since
currently typing just "disas TAB" is all I need to get disassembly.