Re: [GDB 6.8] Problem using watchpoints with compound objects

The following is the example I am using:

int a[4];
int main (void)
{
  a[0] = 1;
  return 0;
}

and the GDB command is "watch a", so GDB should be watching the contents
of the array object and not its address. I have also tried the following
test with the same effect:

struct {int m1, m2, m3, m4;} a;
int main (void)
{
  a.m1 = 1;
  return 0;
}

In both cases value_equal is comparing the address of the object and not
the contents. This is caused, I believe, by the following code at the
start of value_equal:

  arg1 = coerce_array (arg1);
  arg2 = coerce_array (arg2);

which is converting the compound objects into pointers. These are then
used in the latter tests of value_equal.

Cheers,

Antony.