"coding: utf-8" emacs local variable in ChangeLog (?)

Hello,

While rotating the ChangeLog file, I noticed a discrepancy between
what the documentation says we should add at the end of the file
for emacs:

    Local Variables:
    mode: change-log
    left-margin: 8
    fill-column: 74
    version-control: never
    End:

And what we actually have. Right now, we have an extra line:

    +coding: utf-8

I tracked the change to a patch in Aug 2007, but couldn't find
the associated discussion in the gdb and gdb-patches mailing list.

Is that change OK? If yes, an update of gdbint.texi is in order.

--
Joel