Re: global, target-specific, init files

Jerome Guitton wrote:
Daniel Jacobowitz (drow@false.org):

Well, we took a full path.  So you'd give it
$prefix/etc/$target-gdbinit in your case.  The path automatically
relocates along with an installed GDB.  Come to think of it,
I'm not sure entirely how to handle relocation if you want to source
another file in the same directory, but there's probably a logical
extension of the current mechanism for that.

Does that clarify?

It does; I understand now. And I like the way you fixed the problem, much simpler than my proposal. I have tested it and it works like a charm. Would it make sense to have this merged into the FSF tree?

FWIW, I think it would make sense...