Re: gdbserver ptrace not doing waitpid after attaching to threads?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 03:06:44PM -0800, Doug Evans wrote:
> I mightn't have been clear enough btw.  I'm observing these things
> from doing an attach in gdb.  Example below.

Oh!  Well then.  Sounds like it's gotten broken.  I know we've fixed
this at least once before.

> This is the first attach that gdbserver does, the one for the process.
> Might it be possible that one has to wait for SIGSTOP even before
> ptrace (SETOPTIONS)? :-)

Yes, that's correct.  A bit silly, but correct.

> For clarification, your comment:
>
> > It shouldn't be
> > doing any ATTACH; instead it should be trusting SETOPTIONS to deliver
> > new threads to it via wait.
>
> was for the case where gdbserver starts the program, and not for the
> case where gdbserver attaches to the program, right?

Well, it's for any thread created once the program is running under
gdbserver control.  Which amounts to the same thing here.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery