Re: gdb supported on powerpc-apple-darwin ?

Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
it seems a rather trivial question, however I could not easily find
the answer: is 'plain' FSF gdb supported on Mac OS X (ppc darwin)?
No. The platform-specific bits necessary to make GDB work as a native debugger on Darwin are rather complicated, and have never been gotten to work in FSF GDB. (I got partway there once, tree is still on my disk somewhere.) You should be able to build cross debuggers targeting embedded systems though, I do that regularly.

Stan