Re: GDB to C++ issue: deletion

> From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Andr=E9_P=F6nitz?= <apoenitz@trolltech.com>
> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:54:20 +0200
>
> [1] Of course, every now and then a Guru level coder shows up, replaces
> one central trouble maker with something very cool, more efficient,
> even more hand-crafted, that happens to work well without being
> understood by aynone else. Then the Guru leaves, and the code becomes
> a "no go" area for mere mortals...

Which is why we should request that every such guru documents her
code, both in the sources and in gdbint.texinfo, to the level where
mere mortals can hack on it later.  Unfortunately, not all of them
comply.

Still, I think that it is a misrepresentation to say that GDB code
cannot be understood by "mere mortals".  Most problems, as far as I
remember from questions posted here, are about the high-level
architectural aspects, asked by those who want to add support for some
novel or unusual platform.  People who need to fix a bug in existing
code normally don't have much trouble understanding it.