Re: GDB to C++ issue: deletion

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:04:19PM -0700, Paul Hilfinger wrote:
> This reminded me of an issue that I'd be curious to see discussed.
> The STL container classes are certainly convenient for decreasing
> memory leaks with little fuss, but they do so internally with
> individual frees of allocated items.

Please let's not confuse this already sprawling discussion further
with this level of detail!

The STL is not an obvious natural successor to custom allocators.
Some things GDB uses obstacks for out of inertia, or because they were
simpler than the alternatives; others are performance critical.  The
performance critical ones might benefit from some sort of pool
allocator instead, or continue with obstacks.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery