Taking other sources to compile gdb for the target

Hi,

Is there any possibility to tell the Insight make environment to take the GDB sources from another place then the one provided with the Insight source tree?

I've just successfully compiled Insight for mips2_fp_le, but when using the mips2_fp_le-gdb.exe in combination with the gdbserver delivered for mips2_fp_le (by MontaVista), the application crashes (I'm getting a sigtrap 5 very soon...)

I think the reason is that gdbserver is a way older version compared to the brand new gdb sources of the Insight installation.

What I did for the moment, was replacing mips2_fp_le-gdb.exe from Insight with mips2_fp_le-gdb.exe from MontaVista, so that gdb and gdbserver again match with each other. And that seems to work...

It would be better, though, if I could tell Insight to take the (older) sources for gdb from the MontaVista source tree.

Any command line parameter who can do this?

--
Best rgds,

-- Geert