Re: Reporting non-stop support

I don't think a "non-stop" mode needs to be enabled by a "check box". It's more of a property of a target rather than a feature that a user requests. Depending on what kind of target the user is connecting to, he will likely know beforehand whether it supports non-stop debugging, and if it does, he will naturally want it enabled.

Cheers,
Pawel

Vladimir Prus wrote:
Pawel Piech wrote:

I just think this shows how important it is that the client be able to
use the same protocol to communicate in either mode, and be able to use
the event data alone to determine what state actually changed on the target.

Heh, I don't think so. Do you really think it's acceptable to have a "non-stop"
checkbox in UI that will not actually work, and find out that it does not work
only when your program stops for the first time -- stopping all threads? I think
this is not acceptable in any way -- regardless of how carefully and politely
gdb phrases "all threads stopped, your real time application is messed up" information.

- Volodya