Re: Reporting non-stop support

I just think this shows how important it is that the client be able to use the same protocol to communicate in either mode, and be able to use the event data alone to determine what state actually changed on the target.

Cheers,
Pawel

Vladimir Prus wrote:
As discussed before, it would be nice if GDB could report if the current
target supports non-stop, so that frontend can act accordingly (even if
"accordingly" means saying "sorry, non-stop is not supported").
However, it's a bit tricky, because until we do "run", the two
targets on the target stack are dummy target and exec_ops -- neither of
which, naturally, have any clue about non-stop.

It's only when we do "run" when find_default_run_target is called, and
something reasonable is pushed to the target stack. Which means that
until we do "run", we don't know if the target supports non-stop, and
when we do "run", it's a bit too later to set non-stop mode.

Any suggestions?

- Volodya