This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: catch catch before program starts
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Aleksandar Ristovski <aristovski at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:07:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: catch catch before program starts
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 04:51:17PM -0400, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:
> When we first load symbols, we can not set "catch catch" or "catch throw". The error message will say "Function __cxa_... not defined".
> However, we can set a breakpoint in .plt section. The attached patch illustrates this (it is not finished as there will be some error messages even though the catch will be set).
I suggest this be handled in the generic breakpoint-setting code, not
specific to "catch". It's not a complete solution, by the way: it
will only help if the main executable uses catch / throw. If only
shared libraries do, then there won't be a PLT entry in the
executable. So maybe we should allow these breakpoints to be created