This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Asynchronouse progress reporting from GDB Server to gdb using Remote Serial Protocol
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Jiju George T <jiju dot george at nestgroup dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:18:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: Asynchronouse progress reporting from GDB Server to gdb using Remote Serial Protocol
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 05:52:56PM +0100, Jiju George T wrote:
> ? We have a GDB Server which manages connections to embedded targets. We
> have a monitor command for doing a lengthy operation on the target device.
> We want to report the status of this lengthy operation back to gdb
> periodically. Is there any support for this in GDB Remote Serial Protocol?
Not yet. But Jim Blandy drafted a proposal for progress reporting
last year, which I hope we will implement eventually. I don't think
it was posted.
For monitor commands, you could just send back an O packet with an
informative message periodically.