This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Does hardware watchpoint work on Linux/x86-64?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:19:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: Does hardware watchpoint work on Linux/x86-64?
- References: <email@example.com>
Yes, hardware watchpoints work on x86-64.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 03:05:23PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> (gdb) watch section_headers
> During symbol reading, DW_AT_type missing from DW_TAG_subrange_type.
> Watchpoint 1: section_headers
Figure out what sort of symbol GDB thinks this is. It thinks it's too
complicated to use a hardware watchpoint for. Does it have a location
list (odd for a global variable)?