This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Cannot resolve method to any overloaded instance
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gdb Mailing List <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:10:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cannot resolve method to any overloaded instance
- References: <20080415084614.GA18034@geppetto>
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:46:14AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to debug a C++ application, and I need to invoke an
> AsString() method to see an human readable representation of an
> object, but I can't since I got:
> (gdb) p msg.AsString()
> Cannot resolve method (null)AsString to any overloaded instance
> I googled without too much luck, many occurrence but no explanation.
> Can you explain this message?
Is AsString inlined? That often prevents function calling.
Can you provide a test case?