Cannot resolve method to any overloaded instance

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a C++ application, and I need to invoke an
AsString() method to see an human readable representation of an
object, but I can't since I got:

(gdb) p msg.AsString()
Cannot resolve method (null)AsString to any overloaded instance

I googled without too much luck, many occurrence but no explanation.
Can you explain this message?

There is some option/trick I have to know in order to be able to call
the method from gdb?

My gdb version:
stefano@geppetto ~> gdb --version
GNU gdb 6.7.1-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu".

Many thanks in advance.
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)