This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: unable to attach to setuid program that as reverted it privilege
- From: "Michael Potter" <pottmi at gmail dot com>
- To: "Reynolds, Brandon" <brandon dot reynolds at lmco dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:42:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: unable to attach to setuid program that as reverted it privilege
- References: <7ADDA4869AFB444695CDD37859452D5773AED1@emss04m21.us.lmco.com>
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Reynolds, Brandon
> What did you mean by "_permanently_"?
I used setuid(non_root_user) while the effective user is root. This
sets real, effective, and saved userids so that there is no returning
I confirm that in my code by doing a setuid(root) and hoping that it fails.