This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Support for multiple calling conventions
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:19:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Support for multiple calling conventions
- References: <20080411105231.GG23852@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:52:31PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> - The return_value functions get the function type as argument,
> not the value type. They have to retrieve the value type from
> the function type themselves.
> - The return_value functions get an addition function type argument.
> - The return_value functions get an addition `unsigned calling_convention'
IMO adding the function type is best. It's more extensible than
adding a calling convention argument which most platforms won't need,
and it changes the signature so that no one will get confused which
type is passed.