This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: XFAIL vs. KFAIL
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 09:49:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: XFAIL vs. KFAIL
- References: <email@example.com>
> can somebody explain the difference between XFAILing and KFAILing a
> test in the GDB testsuite? I've looked at DejaGNU manual, I haven't
> found the answer.
KFAIL is when we know of a failure caused by a bug in GDB.
XFAIL is when a problem outside of GDB's control is causing the test
to fail. For instance, a kernel issue, or some wrong debugging info
generated by the compiler, etc.