This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Strangeness in set command
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 19:11:14 +0300
- Subject: Strangeness in set command
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
Assuming that `s' is a variable of type `struct stat', this command
(gdb) set s.st_mode=0x1ff
Ambiguous set command "s.st_mode=0x1ff"
But this succeeds:
(gdb) set (&s)->st_mode=0x1ff
How come we are smart enough to support the latter, but not the