Re: Beginner question regarding gdb symbol files

The server is an openldap server. The binary comes directly from the
fedora package for it. My plugin is a custom openldap backend that is
loaded into the server using a libtool facility: lt_dlopenext.
This is the output that i get when i try run gdb slapd immediatly:

gdb slapd
(gdb) start
Breakpoint 1 at 0x14bc7: file ../../../servers/slapd/main.c, line 304.
Starting program: /opt/six/sbin/slapd
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
Error accessing memory address 0x14bc7: Input/output error.

This is what i got when i try to attach to the process:

 (gdb) attach 29764
Attaching to process 29764
Reading symbols from /opt/six/sbin/slapd...Reading symbols from
/opt/six/sbin/slapd.dbg...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
done.
0x00116c68 in hex ()
(gdb)
.

If i compile openldap directly from the sources i don't have any
problem. These problems show up when i use the fedora openldap rpm
also with the debug-info package is installed.
Thanks in advance.
Luca