Re: GDB startup session with Eclipse

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 09:01:02AM -0800, Guillaume MENANT wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. Eclipse sends me the ? command and then it waits and
> a message "Target selection failed" pops up and "target not responding
> (timeout)" in the details of the error.
>
> Before that, Eclispe just sends a '03' character. What does Eclipse waits ?

I don't know.  To stop the target if it's running?  \003 is an
interrupt.  Still, it shouldn't be doing this.

Eclipse does not send anything.  Eclipse is running GDB in the
background.  Try reproducing problems using GDB from the command line,
and then you can turn on remote protocol debugging to follow the
conversation.

> Another question is about characters sent by eclipse like '2d' or '2b'. What
> are their purpose ?

Those are + and -.  Read the Overview section, where it talks about
acknowledgements.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery