Re: Debugging a Vlc dll with GDB.

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> >    (gdb) break libvlc_new
> >     No symbol table is loaded. use the file command
>
> Try "set pending on"?  Or you may need a newer version of GDB.

I don't think pending being off is the problem, but you do need a more
recent gdb than what ships with Cygwin.  With recent CVS gdb I have had
success with something like:

gdb VLCTest.exe
add-shared-symbol-files libvlc.dll
b libvlc_new
run

I have always found debugging stripped binaries on Win32 with gdb to be
somewhat unpleasant.  After the first time that the program has run and
terminates, all the pending breakpoint stuff usually seems to work fine,
it's just that initially when nothing has loaded yet it does not.  So
that's another workaround, just run the inferior to completion without
any breakpoints and then start debugging the second run.

Brian