Re: No line number info debugging kernel modules with gdb 6.6.90.20070926-cvs (gdb 6.7 branch)

Jon Ringle <jon@ringle.org> writes:
> Jim Blandy wrote:
>> Hum.  What do 'maint info psymtabs' and 'maint info symtabs' say after
>> you've set the breakpoint?
>>
> Trying to send the attachment again...

Okay, I got a copy of that attachment; thanks.

Could you start GDB, set the breakpoint and try listing the function
again, then do 'maint print symbols SOME-FILE dstchar.c' (or
perhaps use the full pathname for dstchar.c), and then post the
contents of SOME-FILE?

If GDB has line number information for that compilation unit, then
find_pc_sect_line ought to be able to find the source line for your
function's PC.  I'd like to see whether it does have that information.