Re: GDB confused by -shared object executable

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 05:02:37PM +0100, Alex Bennee wrote:
> Which doesn't seem to work. So questions:
>
> 1. Am I using the correct instantiation to load symbols at a particular
> address?
> 2. Should GDB check the ELF when it loads it to see if it is an
> executable shared object?

Red Hat (Elena, I think) long ago implemented support for PIE in GDB.
What you're doing is basically the same thing.  So far, no one has
gotten around to merging that support to the FSF releases.

I think it's in both the Red Hat and Ubuntu packages nowadays.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery