Re: MI: "^running" issues

 > > The code related to that bug has something to do with async mode,
 > > but it's pretty unclear why it should be, and how would I test
 > > that my fixes don't break that async mode.
 >
 > Well, Nick is trying to improve on the async code, perhaps he could
 > help understand the offending code and find the right fix for the
 > problem you found.

I've run Vladimir's example under GDB with my async patch and it also printed a
^running record and no *stopped, so perhaps ^running should indeed be printed
later.  However, the best way to get the right asynchronous MI output is
probably to develop this code.

I could create another branch for it but I suspect that it wouldn't get looked
at.  I would like to commit it to mainline after the release but Daniel doesn't
like this idea as some changes are copied verbatim from Apple.  However, I've
tried to confine these changes to the "--async" option so that usual
(synchronous) operation is unchanged.

--
Nick http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob