Re: Posting from work/university addresses

On Mon 30 Jul 2007 20:08, Christopher Faylor pondered:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 06:07:43PM -0500, Anmol P. Paralkar wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Jim Blandy wrote:
> >>I'm curious --- is there some reason people avoid posting to the GDB
> >>mailing lists from their work/uni addresses?
> >
> >In the case of work address: Some companies require inclusion
> >of/automatically include a disclaimer notice at the end of the message
> >and sometimes it's against list policy to post messages with such
> >disclaimers in them.  So e.g.  in the gcc list, such posters are kindly
> >advised to use a free account like in:
> >
> >http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-07/msg00732.html
> >
> >(Not that the advice is always heeded).
>
> This will soon no longer be optional as I've been asked to start
> bouncing messages which contain disclaimers.  I'm testing the code
> to do this now.

Please make sure that this doesn't filter the requirements currently in place
by EU based folks - who are now required by law to post all kinds of stuff
(business address, company directors, etc) in their emails...

Thanks
-Robin