Re: Non-uniform address spaces

Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com> writes:
> Perhaps.  I'll look at that.  How does this work for TLS now?

You probably want to start at dwarf2expr.c, and look at our
implementation of DW_OP_GNU_push_tls_address.  That's invoking a
callback of which dwarf2loc.c:dwarf_expr_tls_address is a reasonable
representative.  You can follow forward from there.

Backing up a bit, I should ask: is contributing this work to the
public sources one of your goals?  If it's not, I'm happy to answer
questions as best I can, but I shouldn't spend too much time on it.
If it is, then we (meaning the GDB developers, including you) need to
go at this in detail, starting with the meaning of the source
language, its ABI, its representation in the debugging info, the
facilities of the machine it's running on, and how the language
achieves its semantics on that machine.  This is not going to go well
if there's just a big patch at the end.  :)