Re: DELAYED: GDB 6.7 branch creation scheduled June 25th

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 11:15:30AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Sorry, I'm a bit stuck right now and for the next few days.
> I will be in New York next week, and will create the branch
> from there.
>
> I was going to use the 2007-06-17 date where to start the branch,
> but I might reconsider:
>   . Extensive gdbarch changes made by Markus and Ulrich
>     These should be pretty safe, and yet not including them in the
>     branch might complicate branch patch merging later on
>   . Daniel's adjustment in configure.ac ($objdir issue)
>
> Also, this would allow us to include recent improvements such as:
>   . the qOffsets changes
>
> I think there are also a couple of items that Daniel and someone
> else wanted in...
>
> So I'll re-evaluate the situation on Monday.

gcore doesn't work properly on Linux/ia64. I can only get the first
frame:

[hjl@gnu-14 gcore-1]$ ./gdb gcore core.8246
GNU gdb 6.6.50.20070619-cvs
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "ia64-unknown-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/libc.so.6.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/libc.so.6.1
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux-ia64.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux-ia64.so.2
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
Core was generated by `/export/home/hjl/bugs/gdb/gcore-1/gcore'.
Program terminated with signal 5, Trace/breakpoint trap.
#0  terminal_func () at gcore.c:35
35        sleep (60);
Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
Function "internal_error" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])
[answered N; input not from terminal]
Function "info_command" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])
[answered N; input not from terminal]
/export/home/hjl/bugs/gdb/gcore-1/.gdbinit:8: Error in sourced command
file:
No breakpoint number 0.
(gdb) bt
#0  terminal_func () at gcore.c:35
(gdb)

gdb 6.5-16.el5rh from RHEL5 works fine. I have no problem on
Linux/x86-64.

H.J.

H.J.