Re: Target Dependent Backtrace Termination

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 02:23:11AM -0700, Robert Norton wrote:
> to go one too far! Looking at some other ports it seems that the
> solution is to return the null frame id for the outermost frame thus
> causing get_prev_frame_1 to return null and terminating the backtrace.

Right.

> But this means that the outermost frame doesn't haven't a valid frame
> id! Won't this cause problems? Am I missing something rather
> fundamental?

Also right.  We've been talking on and off about changing this, so
that an unwinder can indicate "this is marked as the last frame"
separately from "I don't know what this frame's ID is".  If we manage
to do that, I hope we can require all frames to have a valid ID.
No one's done it yet, though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery