How to protect a file from debugging

Hi List,

sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not very familiar with gdb ;)

I am planing a security application and gdb is causing some "troubles".

Can someone point me to some infos or shortly explain me if there is a
way to protect a program from attaching to it? I must either prevent gdb
 (or similar software) from attaching to a process or at least detect
the attach and send a terminate signal to the application.

best regards

Oliver
--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!
PGP-Key: 3B2C 8095 A7DF 8BB5 2CFF  8168 CAB7 B0DD 3985 1721