GDB/MI: Breakpoint command lists

Hi all,
I have a question related to the GDB/MI interface. I've attached a command list to a breakpoint, for example in this way

.gdbinit
---->
break main.cpp:10
commands
echo I am here\n
end
<----

Now, I start the GDB in the MI mode and it seems that GDB does not execute such command lists. Is there any possibility to convince GDB/MI in doing so?

Thanks,
Frank