Re: GDB reference manual

On 28/05/07, Hossein Aminaiee <aminaiee@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have searched the whole GDB internal manual and I could find
explanations on ui_* but gdb_* functions. Would you please indicate the
exact page of which manual? Please send me the url of the manual you are
using.

It can be found in the GDB user guide, not the internals manual. It is under chapter 24. Quoting from the start of this chapter:

"gdb/mi is a line based machine oriented text interface to gdb and is
activated by specifying
using the '--interpreter' command line option (see Section 2.1.2 [Mode
Options], page 13).
It is specifically intended to support the development of systems
which use the debugger as
just one small component of a larger system."

Hope that helps.

Rob Quill

Cheers, Hossein Aminaiee

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 08:54 -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote: > On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 03:42:31PM +0330, Hossein Aminaiee wrote: > > Hi all, > > I've developed an IDE for C++ and I'm about to provide a debugger for > > it using GDB. But I could not find any reference manual containing the > > gdb_* functions (API) listings and explanations. > > That's because you shouldn't be using those. Use GDB/MI, which is > described in the manual. >