Re: [BUG] Tab Expansion for C++

Thomas Richter wrote:

Furthermore, I cannot develop under US copyright law. I can only develop
under German copyright law, which is again different. I can hand you the
copyright, but according to German law, I still have rights as the creator
of an entity that I cannot transfer to other people. (German: Urheberrecht)
It doesn't give me any major rights, though (as, it doesn't include the
right to copy the work, which is part of the copyright.).

Assigning the copyright to the FSF does not remove rights from the assigner, many people in Europe have found they can sign this form without problems. Note that it is not online, precisely because the FSF has found they really need to be in touch with people regarding signing the form to resolve issues such as this one.

Folks, that's getting ridiculously complicated... I don't want to contact
a lawer just to provide a patch. I really don't care - I just want a usable
gdb, that's all.

The complication is inevitable given the complexities of copyright law. We all want a usable GDB, but to be usable, it must not only be technically strong, but the licensing and copyright situation must be clear as well.

So long, Thomas